The colonial meblem, showing female allegories of peace and justice, first appeared on the stamps of St. Vincent in 1880 (5s.) and subsequently used for low value stamps between 1907 and 1911.
The emblem was resurrected for certain denominations for the King Gorge VI series recess-printed by Bradbury Wilkinson in 1938-47.
Four pictorial designs, featuring Young’s Island and Fort Duvernette, kingstown and Fort Charlotte, the bathing beach at Villa and Victoria Park, kingstown, were used for other values of this series.
The same designs, with values in cents and dollars, were used for the series of 1949-52.