With nearly 34,000 members in more than 110 countries, the APS is the largest, non-profit organization for stamp collectors in the world.
Whether you are a beginning collector or have years of philatelic experience, the American Philatelic Society offers you a number of services and educational opportunities to broaden your personal collection and enhance your special collecting interests!
It is supported entirely by membership dues, gifts, and the sale of its publications and services. Founded in 1886, the APS is now in its second century of service to stamp collectors and postal historians.
APS Statement of Purpose
- to promote stamp collecting for people of all ages
- to offer services to its membership and to philately in general, including knowledge and education, which enhance the pleasure and friendliness of stamp collecting
- to initiate and coordinate new programs for the benefit of stamp collecting and of all collectors
- to represent the United States of America in the world body of philately
- to assist its members in acquiring and disposing of philatelic materials
Official website: http://www.stamps.org/